February 28, 2013

100% whole wheat bagel, avocado, romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber,
capers, smoked salmon cream cheese, sea salt, pepper; clementine
Coffee (grande - I drank about 2/3), cream, raw brown sugar
Hard-boiled egg, salt, pepper
Marble cheese
Red and green seedless grapes
Clementines (on a fuchsia napkin b/c we ran out of paper towel at work!)
Leftover salmon and brussels sprouts (see Feb. 27th)
Campbell's condensed tomato basil soup, 11-grain bread,
light tuna, light mayo, sweet gherkins, salt, pepper, marble cheese

Notes: Today I count as a major triumph because I resisted the chocolate truffles and sugar cookies (leftover from Valentine's) that were strewn about the back room at work for all of us to enjoy. Yay for sticking with healthy foods and saying no to copious amounts of refined sugar! (To be fair, I will be indulging my fat/salt/sweet taste buds on Sundays, but that is actually part of the diet/eating plan that I'm following. Sneaking chocolates in the backroom at work in the middle of the week is not.)

Also, my apologies for the atrocious lighting in some of these photos. Overhead florescent lights, what can I say...? :(

4 comments:

  1. Go Kate! You rock! Good job for resisting the sweets in the back room at work! (Oh dear me, I was horrible at that over the holidays/early new year when seemingly there were piles of stuff on the table every day! Part of the reason I started my food blog. Enough, already, Erin! XD)

    Also, that bagel looks SO GOOD.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, just wanted to say I read your "The Long and the Short of It (Literally)" page, and I really enjoyed the story thus far! =]

    xoxoxoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Erin! The ww veggie bagel is a favourite breakfast of mine lately. I usually make it on work days because the bagel is so filling (technically two servings of carbs), but since it's whole wheat it also has a lot of protein (7 grams per bagel!) and I figure since I'm pretty active at work the extra energy I'm getting from it is burned off over the course of the day. (Or maybe that's just wishful thinking? o.O)

    Thanks for all your support, it means so much to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =] Hee, I use that philosophy/make that assumption too (the "work equals exercise" one). I think it's true!

      Much love! xoxoxo!

      Delete