March 1, 2013

1% milk; turkey bacon; 11-grain bread, almond butter, banana

4% fruit bottom yogurt (yogurt part only)


Appetizers from Ka Chi (and my best guess at some ingredients): marinated potatoes and onions;
glass noodle with onion/carrot/cabbage; salad with iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, vinegar, sesame;
seaweed with onion; marinated bean sprouts with orange peppers and sesame, kim chi

Soft tofu stew with beef and vegetables (which I didn't really like,
so only had equivalent of one small  bowl full)
More side dishes: salad; kim chi; marinated bean sprouts; seaweed

Replacement meal: bibimbap with mixed veggies,
 bulgogi (marinated beef), and fried egg
Bibimbap (mixed together): seaweed,
gojujang (sp?),  bean sprouts, shitake mushrooms,
daikon (or similar?) radish, some kind of greens,
carrot, purple cabbage, zucchini, bulgogi, fried egg

Side dishes again: seaweed; marinated bean sprouts

1% milk; taco salad (see Feb. 27th)
Red and green seedless grapes

Flaked light "lemon pepper" tun (ate half the can)

4% yogurt (see above)

Notes: So, as you can see we had lunch at Korean place today (one of my fave types of cuisine). I'm not entirely sure what everything was marinated in (probably a combination of oil, sugar :(, and spices?), but there were a lot of veggies in there, so I'm hoping it wasn't too bad for a non-homemade meal. (Also, when I tried to use the spellchecker on "gojujang" it suggested "Bojangles," LOL!!)

2 comments:

  1. Mmm! I want to get more into Korean food. I haven't eaten it that often, but when I have, it has been delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, it's so good!! We can go for some next time you're here for a visit, if you want. We have Korean almost every Sunday with my mother in law, and I'm still not sick of it (I order the same thing pretty much every time, too!). In fact, we had it for lunch again today! :D

    ReplyDelete