March 6, 2013

Aaaaand, after a one week hiatus, I'm back! So let's get to work catching up on photos, shall we?

Turkey bacon

More turkey bacon; blueberries
1% milk (with our sunny yellow milk jug in the background!)
Baked oatmeal: unsweetened applesauce, organic quick oats, bananas, 1% milk, egg, baking
powder, vanilla, cinnamon, organic honey, frozen wild blueberries, frozen mango
More baked oatmeal
Leftover chicken veggie stir-fry (see March 4)

Half a 4% yogurt cup (non-fruit part only)

Steak fajitas: steak, sea salt, pepper, evoo, onions, mixed bell peppers,
packet of Great Value fajita mix; romaine lettuce, shredded carrots,
purple cabbage; PC white corn and bean salsa
(I ate about 3/4 of amount pictured)


From Swiss Chalet: quarter chicken dark meat with side of coleslaw
(had a little dipping sauce but no bun)
  
1% milk

BBQ-ed chicken thigh; lentil and carmelized onion rice; saffron (?) rice; tomato, onion,
lettuce, parsley (?), garlic sauce (?), hummus, tahini (I think) +/- a few other veggies?


Notes: We had an evening meeting to attend and I was STARVING afterwards. We went to Swiss Chalet with a group of people for a late post-meeting dinner (of course I forgot my camera, so you have these lovely Blackberry shots instead), and I thought getting my usual quarter chicken dinner would be sufficient. WRONG! I was still so hungry after I polished off my chicken (it was totally NOT an actual 1/4 of a whole chicken!!) that we picked up ANOTHER "quarter chicken dinner" (this time from a Middle Eastern/shawarma place) because I couldn't think of anything else that was quick, cheap, and low-carb friendly. I didn't realize the chicken came with a side of rice (oops). Although, as you can see, I caved to the carbs in the end, because I've had their lentil rice before and I know how delicious it it. I only had a few spoonfuls, though, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But still not ideal. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment