March 9, 2013

Still more catching up...

1% milk

Turkey bacon

Leftover chicken veggie stir-fry (see March 4); smoothie (banana, 4% plain yogurt, 1% milk,
organic honey, frozen fruit: blueberries, strawberries, sour cherries, sweet cherries, currants)

Coconut milkshake (you can see a few trays of meat in the background)
Side dishes (two kinds of marinated bean sprouts; spicy marinated tofu and potato;
daikon (?) picked radish; kim chi); some kind of clean broth; white rice

Meat awaiting the grill: marinated chicken (dark meat); marinated beef;
sausage; white fish; squid; salmon; marinated pork (plus marinated beef short ribs, not pictured)
Kalbi (marinated beef short rib) and sausage, after grilling


Notes: After a day spent deep-cleaning and tidying the condo, we had the (not so) brilliant idea to go for Korean BBQ for dinner. First of all, I forgot my camera (of course). Secondly, I gave up trying to take pictures of everything I ate, because it's the nature of a meal like this that you take a million small bites, and documenting every one of them would have completely destroyed my enjoyment of the meal. Suffice it to say, it was a buffet of (mostly) marinated meat. I ate too much and paid for it by staying up until 3:30 am, while my poor digestive system tried to deal with the landslide of food I consumed, and drinking at least a gallon of water in an attempt to quench my sodium (and probably MSG)-induced thirst. Ugh - no more buffets! The upshot, if there was any, is that I didn't order a bottomless glass of Diet Coke (yup, clutching at any small victory I can find, here!) and that I can't actually eat as much as I used to, so "stuffing myself" now means eating much less food than a couple years ago. It's still way to much to eat in one sitting, however. Especially since the side dishes were the only veggies in sight. 

4 comments:

  1. =[ Oh no! Kate! I'm so sorry to hear you were in pain and awake all night! Eating too much every now and then is no biggie, but hurting after a meal is never good! Hope it didn't take too long to recover. BIG HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your commiseration, dear! I wasn't exactly "hurting," just uncomfortably full. I pretty much skipped breakfast the next day but then I was back to normal by lunch. So it only took about 18hrs before I needed to eat again... o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man.. been there!! (although we me it's not so much BBQ meats as much as it is donuts... ) And yay to the Coke victory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linz! I take comfort in the fact that this is a common experience. I don't lose sleep over it as long as it isn't TOO common (ie. frequent) though. And thanks for the encouragement about the Coke, heh heh. I should get a "Just say no to pop," button made for myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete